By Pastor Glem Melo
- The population affected by rains, floods increased to 1,060,094 persons or 223,991 families in 35 cities
- 132,969 persons or 29,021 families are housed in 425 different temporary shelters
- 514 areas in 78 cities and municipalities flooded
- 5 provinces, 7 cities, 10 municipalities and 27 villages under state of calamity
- Latest data from joint US-Japanese scientific project, Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM), show that floods could worsen in central and southern Luzon.
Please continue to uphold our people in prayer.
“O eternal and merciful God and Father, we humble ourselves before Your great majesty, for we have frequently and grievously sinned against You. We acknowledge that if You were to enter into judgment with us, we would deserve nothing but temporal and eternal death… Nevertheless, O Lord God and gracious Father, we know that You do not desire the death of the sinner, but rather that he should turn to You and live…” – A General Confession of Sins and Prayer on Days of Fasting and Prayer